New Jersey Attorneys Experienced in Estate and Real Estate Litigation
Real property is sacred in our American legal institutions. It also represents the most significant investment that most individuals or businesses make during their lifetime. At Lance Brown & Associates, our attorneys represent individuals and businesses in New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania in legal matters regarding the making or probating of a will or other estate matters, or disputes concerning the ownership or conveyance of real estate.
Lance Brown & Associates practices estate and inheritance litigation throughout New Jersey. Individuals that become involved with estates, the assets of the elderly, or assets of incompetent individuals face issues that they are not equipped to handle on their own. Powers of attorney may be invoked, or guardianship proceedings may be instituted, and important legal rights can be determined that affect individuals who may not be present or able to speak for themselves.
Our lawyers provide sound advice and effective representation concerning any legal issue that involves an estate, an inheritance, an executor or administrator, or the assets of an incapacitated person.
- Inheritance – omitted heirs; incomplete inheritance
- Will Contests – challenges to a will’s validity; multiple wills
- Estate Accounting – obtaining an accounting of assets in a trust or estate
- No Will – inheriting by intestate succession
- Power of Attorney – the right to act for another may be delegated if certain formalities are followed
- Guardianship – if the proper advance planning did not occur, the court may appoint a guardian to act for another
Real Estate Litigation
Lance Brown & Associates maintains a comprehensive real estate litigation practice. This firm’s attorneys have experience in all facets of real estate litigation. We have the ability to quickly assess your situation and provide you with sound advice concerning your legal rights in all of the following areas:
Foreclosures and Short Sale Representation
If you are facing foreclosure, we can mediate with your lender to hopefully find a solution such as forbearance or loan modification. We will also examine all applicable documents to see if you might have any defenses to foreclosure, such as predatory lending practices engaged in by the lender. In the event your property is worth less than the amount owed on the mortgage, we can work with the lender to accept whatever cash can be obtained in a short sale as satisfaction of the amount owed, without the borrower being later held liable for the deficiency. While there are real solutions available, these procedures can be complicated and should be undertaken with the help of skilled and knowledgeable attorneys.
Beyond foreclosures, our office can assist in any type of real estate litigation, including:
- Contract Disputes – residential and commercial transactions
- Title Issues – easements; liens; denial of title insurance coverage
- Commercial Lease Disputes – rent payments; damage to the property; condition of the property; use of the property
- Boundary Line Disputes – overlapping boundary lines in urban and rural areas
- Failure to Disclose Defects – buyer discovers defects after purchase
- Zoning Disputes – disputes with neighbors or municipalities over zoning regulations and land use
- Disputes with Home Improvement Contractors – homeowners left with substandard and unfinished work that has been paid for in full; consumer rights under the Consumer Fraud Act.
Seek Experienced Legal Representation with Your New Jersey Estate or Real Estate Litigation
If you are involved in a dispute regarding a the probate of a will or the administration of an estate, or regarding a real estate dispute in New Jersey or eastern Pennsylvania, contact Lance Brown & Associates. We will be more than happy to arrange an immediate appointment or phone conference to discuss the details of your case today.